What HFL Thinks
Bryston 7B³ Single-Channel (Mono) Amplifier - Coming from Canada Bryston make some of the greatest HiFi equipment on the planet, whether you want one of their legendary amps, the ultimate Multi-Channel Processor, a pre-amp or a way to play the latest 24 bit music, Bryston have got it covered and more. Please check back shortly as we write our thoughts on each of their products.
The Bryston 7B³ is a single channel (mono) amplifier which offers virtually perfect freedom from overload on any type of speaker. It assures an amazing degree of transparency, musicality, and ease of listening.
- 600W into 8Ω
- 900W into 4Ω
- Active extremely low distortion input buffer
- Balanced and unbalanced inputs
- Selectable gain at 23 or 29dB
- Regulated power supplies to all voltage gain stages
- Convection cooled and housed in a fully aluminum chassis.
- No fans or other moving parts
- Energy storage power transformers maximize dynamic range
- Harmonic Distortion: < .005% from 20Hz - 20kHz at 600W
- Noise below full output: -113dB single ended, -116dB balanced
- Slew Rate: < 60V/µS
- Power Bandwidth: .5Hz - > 100kHz
- Damping Factor: > 300 at 20Hz (8Ω)
- Gain: Switchable - 23dB or 29dB
- Available with silver or black faceplate (3U + .55”)
- 17” (without handles) or 19” (with handles) faceplate available (non-rack mountable)
- Rack mountable Pro Edition available in black