What HFL Thinks
Chord CPM 3350 - I think it is fair to say that there is no other audio brand out there quite like Chord Electronics, offering highend audio products with unique styling and stunning build quality which are all hand built in the UK in rural Kent. Possibly best known for their DAC’s they also offer a range of highend components. With customers like Skywalker Sound, Air Studios, and Even Sir Paul McCartney on their books along with stunning reviews that their equipment gets you can be sure that Chord really do offer some of the best products currently available today. So whatever you are after please pop into HFL to find out how Chord Electronics can enhance your music listening.
The Chord CPM 3350 integrated amplifier design is based on the CPA3200E and SPM1050 pre and power amplifier combinations but developed specifically to give a one box solution. It offers all the flexibility of a Chord preamplifier with line level source selection for up to six input signals using the remote handset or via the push button front panel controls. Individual input gains can be selected to prevent large changes in volume when switching between inputs. Two tape loops allow for recording one source whilst listening to another.
The power amplifier based on Chords tried and tested technology of ultra high frequency low ESR power supply has the ability to store a great deal more energy, and far more efficiently than conventional designs. This gives the amp enormous reserves of instantly delivered, precisely controlled power which is more than capable of controlling even the most demanding loudspeakers.
With the ability to select the pre outs and speaker outputs together or individually the flexibility of the unit allows it to be used as a pre-amp, on its own or with another power amp for bi-amping.
- Unbalanced Inputs: Video, Radio, Tape1 and Tape2
- Balanced Inputs: Disc 1, Disc 2 are 3-pin female XLR inputs both with RCA Phono style input sockets wired asymmetrically in parallel
- Outputs: 2 x RCA Phono style, gold-plated with Teflon dielectric insulation
- Intermodulation Distortion: -100dB all inputs
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -93dB all inputs
- Frequency Range: 2.5Hz – 200kHz (-3dB)
- Nominal Gain: All inputs subject to 4 levels of gain (x1, x2, x5, x7)
- Harmonic Distortion: 10 Hz –91dB, 1kHz –93dB, 10kHz –90dB, 20kHz –87dB
- Channel Separation: 10 Hz 90dB, 1kHz 90dB, 10kHz 90dB, 20kHz 85dB
- Channel Balance: 0.01dB
- Input impedance: Unbalanced 47kOhms, Balanced 94kOhms (Disc 1 & Disc 2)
- Output impedance: 100Ohms
- Output Offset: 0mV both channels
Power Amp Section:
- Output Power: 220W rms per channel @ 0.05% distortion into 8 Ohms, 300W rms per channel into 4 Ohms
- Dynamic Headroom: 300W rms per channel into 8 Ohms, 520W rms per channel into 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response: -1dB, 0.8Hz to 46kHz (8 Ohms) -3dB, 0.8Hz to 77kHz (8 Ohms) -1dB, 0.8Hz to 39kHz (4 Ohms) -3dB, 0.8Hz to 75kHz (4 Ohms)
- Signal To Noise Ratio: Better than –103dB, ‘A’ weighted two thirds
- Channel Separation: -75dB
- Output Impedance: 0.03 Ohms
- Output Inductance: 2.6mH
- Output Connections: 2 x gold plated WBT connections
- Slew rate: 70V per S, 1kHz 20V square wave
- Gain: 30dB
- Stability: Unconditional
- Dimensions: 420mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 133mm (h)
- Weight: 19Kg