What HFL Thinks
Michell Engineering Orbe Turntable - We are firm believers that vinyl is still the best way to listen to your music, this is why we are so excited to offer Michell Turntables to our customers, there is nothing quite like the Gyro Dec and Orbe turntables, real classic designs in British HiFi, but more importantly Michell Turntables are engineered to perfection to give you accurate replay of your treasured vinyl. The original Gyro Dec's are now over 30 years old and still being serviced by Michell, meaning you can buy a Michell Turntable safe in the knowledge it will give you years of trouble free use so you can sit back and marvel at the looks and sound of your Michell Turntable.
Available in Silver, Black or Gold for the same Price!
The Michell Orbe turntable takes the established concept of the GyroDec and adds to it an extra level of isolation, better structural damping, and an improved motor drive system. As of January 2004 the motor controller employs the revolutionary Never-Connected mains isolation circuit.
“for once the clamping system and platter construction and drive method seem to manage the best compromise between clarity of sound and strong rhythmic performance” - Hi-Fi News
“…a feeling that you’re dragging the last fraction of fidelity from a disc to get you right up to the mastertape.” - TNT Audio
“It has a breadth and appeal that none of the alternatives could quite match which is impressive to say the least.” - Hi-Fi Choice, Group Test Winner.
- Double chassis, suspended pendulum subchassis
- Damped subchassis
- 60 mm thick massive acrylic/vinyl platter of high inertia
- Screw-down record clamp, compatible with standard and 180g audiophile pressings
- Inverted oil-pumping bearing
- Custom arm boards available for most tonearms
- High-quality standalone DC motor with tacho feedback speed control
- Orbe Controller NC motor power supply with Never-Connected circuit
- Finished in clear or black acrylic with black or aluminium metal parts
Weight 19 kg
Dimensions 53 (w) x 41 (d) 21 (h) cms
With lid fully opened 53 (w) x 49 (d) 59 (h) cms